A vacancy for a Buyer – Indirect Materials has arisen at our client in Port Elizabeth. This is a Senior Staff position and reports to the Purchasing Supervisor – Indirect Materials.
Main job purpose:
To take overall accountability for the strategic sourcing, procurement, stock movement and control of all consumables and engineering spares in support of production and overall purchasing strategy by driving cost reduction, quality and BBBEE compliance.
- To support internal clients by adding value to bottom line (including cost and quality) through strategic sourcing, procurement and supplying consumables and engineering spares on an ongoing basis in line with the overall purchasing strategy at optimal cost for the business.
- To ensure that all procurement activities and documentation are monitored and managed to drive SX contribution to overall Group BBBEE rating.
- To co-ordinate and verify the procurement and invoicing process to ensure that suppliers and contractors are paid correctly and timeously.
- To manage and monitor stock of consumables in order to meet plant requirements on an ongoing basis.
- To liaise and build effective working relationships with key stakeholders including suppliers and contractors in order to improve services, quality and cost efficiency.
- To manage the stores by directing activities, monitoring performance to ensure efficient service delivery to their customers.
- To ensure effective communication of relevant information to all stakeholders to support effective decision making for the business.
- MS Office
- Knowledge of sourcing new suppliers and products
- BBBEE scorecards- Procurement Standards
- Costing and estimating acumen
Qualification(s) and Experience:
- Grade 12
- Diploma in Purchasing or relevant qualification
- 3 years in a purchasing role
- 3 years in a manufacturing environment