- Grade 12
- 3 years experience in timber workshop environment.
- Working knowledge of and experience in using electrical drilling machines and grinders.
- Understanding of materials – expansion and contraction.
- Ability to use vernier, laser, height gauge and other tools necessary for calibration.
- Understanding of Health and Safety Legislation.
- Ability to use high speed tools, band saws, planer, wood thickness planer.
- Drilling and welding skills essential.
- Providing tooling to acceptable standards.
- Repairing tools in line with specifications required.
- Conducting calibrations of fixtures.
- Making trim jigs, fastrack templates, trade mark jugs, crates for transporting equipment.
- Manufacturing checking fixtures from a sample glass or from an aperture.
- Assisting production runs with any concerns regarding the tools.
- Providing advice on issues with regards to tools.
- Obtaining advice from specialists with regards to special cases and implemented suggested ideas to remedy problems.