- Grade 12
- Diploma in Supply Chain/ Logistics/ Industrial Engineering
- 3 years’ experience within a Supply Chain environment
- 3 years in a manufacturing industry
- Understanding of the full Supply Chain
- Good understanding of tender processes
- Understanding of cost competitive quotes
- Good packaging knowledge
- Knowledge of returnable packaging and systems relevant to internal packaging
- Administration and filing skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Customer Service Orientation
- Planning and organising skills
- Communication skills at all levels
- Advanced Microsoft with Excel at an advanced level
- Analytical skills
- Problem solving skills
- Manage existing pallet pool and implement a pallet management system / tool to track, coordinate and ship pallets in line with Plants proactive requirements to support production and supply of product to the customer.
- Ensure that a system is effectively implemented across the Plants to identify pallets that require maintenance and ensure appropriate maintenance is carried out in line with procedure to ensure the safeguarding of product, glass and personal safety of staff and avoid financial loss for the business.
- Manage and monitor effective truck utilisation and optimise sub-contracting of transport cost to minimise risk of sub-contracting to the business.
- Ensure effective communication of relevant information to all stakeholders to support effective decision-making for the business.
- Communicate availability of pallets to all SX and non-SX distribution centres to support production and distribution decisions.
- Oversee effective pallet count systems to ensure accurate status of pallet pool, to reduce financial loss and shrinkage.