- Bcom degree
- CA Qualification would be advantageous
- Significant Broiler financial management, budget processes, control and management and cost saving experience at senior level
CRITICAL TECHNICAL SKILLS OR COMPETENCIES:
Strong leadership and financial managerial competencies.
Excellent knowledge of all aspects of poultry finance methods.
Good analytical skills and able to take corrective action.
Contribute to/implement cost cutting methods.
Excellent communication skills.
High degree of Computer competence (Excel, Word, Access, Syspro).
CRITICAL INTERPERSONAL OR INTERACTIVE COMPETENCIES:
Must have a passion to succeed
Leader who energizes those around him/ her
Driven to achieve results and produce quality
Do it right first time mind set
Assertive but approachable
Must be highly adaptable
Focus on results
CONTROL BUDGET / EXPENSE APPROVAL
- Review and approve all purchase orders daily, to monitor expenses against budget and highlight over expenditure before it is approved by the Production Manager.
- Communicate costs by farm per cycle to farm/area managers in monthly one-on-one meetings.
- Daily water/electricity usage and analysis report. Compare to other farms and NMMM readings/accounts and limit wastage.
- Produce monthly accounts by the fourth working day of each month.
- Review all key production results on a daily basis and highlight emerging trends.
- Manage and coordinate monthly stock takes, ultimately achieving zero variance on every stock take.
- Perform two random Syspro audits per month on all transfers, issues and receipts, including non-conforming materials.
- Manage, coordinate and report on weekly cycle counts and resolve any variances immediately.
- Monitor and improve inventory adjustments (quantity and price variance analysis) on Syspro, liaising with the relevant commodity buyer.
- Drive the focus of specific task team members, ensuring the ultimate achievement of goals and objectives and holding individuals accountable for their KPI’s.
- Facilitate continuous two-way communication with your team and evaluation of individual morale and engagement, evaluate the validity of any concerns, thus encouraging better performance
- Set S.M.A.R.T KPIs and objectives
- Assess performance as and when required
- Plan and implement staff training
- Review work performed on a regular basis providing guidance and feedback.
SOP’S FOR ALL FINANCIAL SYSTEMS/CONTROLS IN PLACE
- Ensure Broiler Finance SOP’s are up to date and all staff understand and adhere to them.